Sony

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Damn, I thought that link would open up. There's supporting text about their qualifications.

1. Pete Buttigieg
2. Kamala Harris
3. Jared Polis
4. Gretchen Whitmer
5. Gavin Newsom
6. Josh Shapiro
7. Amy Klobuchar
8. Bernie Sanders
9. Raphael Warnock
10. Phil Murphy / J.B. Pritzker

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Damn, I thought that link would open up. There's supporting text about their qualifications.

1. Pete Buttigieg
2. Kamala Harris
3. Jared Polis
4. Gretchen Whitmer
5. Gavin Newsom
6. Josh Shapiro
7. Amy Klobuchar
8. Bernie Sanders
9. Raphael Warnock
10. Phil Murphy / J.B. Pritzker
Thanks for that. What's the narrative here, surely all of these people don't plan on primarying Biden do they?

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I just finished watching an Amanpour interview of New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu, a republican. I came away somewhat impressed. He was being coy on running for president. Could make an announcement in the Summer.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Thanks for that. What's the narrative here, surely all of these people don't plan on primarying Biden do they?

No plans for that, not revealed anyway.

It was just a well-written editorial about democratic potential candidates and their qualifications.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I just finished watching an Amanpour interview of New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu, a republican. I came away somewhat impressed. He was being coy on running for president. Could make an announcement in the Summer.
Caught him on MTP on Sunday, seems way too sane to get anywhere in the current GOP climate but you never know. 🤷‍♂️

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Caught him on MTP on Sunday, seems way too sane to get anywhere in the current GOP climate but you never know. 🤷‍♂️

It was a breath of fresh air watching him. Easy-going, intelligent, funny, his thoughts on China were smart, etc.

Oh, and the main qualifier: NOT a NUTJOB.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting article about how RFK Jr. could hinder Biden's campaign.

The progressives aren't really Biden fans, so siphoning them off shouldn't be too hard. But his anti-Vax stance will certainly hurt him with almost all Dems. Unless he can frame it as a concern it was rushed.

Biden now has a progressive record to run on. And a successful one at that.

Other than when he announced, I haven’t heard any movement at all. Put it like this, I think he has as much of a chance of causing Biden a headache as Nikki Haley does for Trump.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
A new ABC New/WaPo poll shows that 63% of American adults do not think that Biden has the "mental sharpness" to be an effective President, vs 32% who do. That's 2-1.

The fact that ABC/WaPo even asked this is surprising. And that they released it after seeing these number is even more so. Are they getting ready to tank him?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
A new ABC New/WaPo poll shows that 63% of American adults do not think that Biden has the "mental sharpness" to be an effective President, vs 32% who do. That's 2-1.

The fact that ABC/WaPo even asked this is surprising. And that they released it after seeing these number is even more so. Are they getting ready to tank him?
This is nothing new, all the polls showing Dems have a problem with his age are basically the same but it won't be enough for anyone to primary him. Neither party is excited about their candidate and while polls have Biden and Trump close the question is whether or not Trump can move those who disapprove of him outside of the Republican base, and so far that answer is a resounding no.

Personally, I would rather see younger more moderate candidates on either side but nobody has an appetite for that and it's a shame.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
With about a year and a half to go for the general election, I really hope this is a one-off occurance:

"White House says Biden is fine after tripping on stage at Air Force Academy commencement"

So you haven't seen the multiple times he has fallen up the steps of AF1?

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
It's concerning anytime someone his age takes a fall. Shit, I'm in my 50s and took a spill last week and am still recovering lol.

True - and I'm wishing you a speedy recovery.

But the optics of Biden's fall, and possibly subsequent falls (and long pauses while speaking) over the next 18 months, may very well impact who's elected president next year.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
True - and I'm wishing you a speedy recovery.

But the optics of Biden's fall, and possibly subsequent falls (and long pauses while speaking) over the next 18 months, may very well impact who's elected president next year.
Trump's still living off of Big Macs and KFC and is probably in worse shape than Biden with his share of spills too, maybe it'll be a battle of who falls the least. :mrgreen:

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Trump's still living off of Big Macs and KFC and is probably in worse shape than Biden with his share of spills too, maybe it'll be a battle of who falls the least. :mrgreen:

If we're lucky. I'm more concerned about desantis and possibly Pence (assuming trump collapses under the weight of the justice system)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
If we're lucky. I'm more concerned about desantis and maybe Pence (assuming trump collapses under the weight of the justice system)
Same here, that guy is dangerous and is causing way more division than any of them right now. He's also been really successful in passing pro-hate legislation, granted it's in a state house full of other hateful Republicans but it shows his ability to get things through.

Top Bottom
1 2