The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Shocker!

"Top Republicans, led by former president Donald Trump, are refusing to commit to accept November’s election results with six months until voters head to the polls, raising concerns that the country could see a repeat of the violent aftermath of Trump’s loss four years ago."

well after 4 years he never accepted it so why would he start? no money to be made if he accept it.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Margie caller her BS for a vote. To be honest, I like the clown antics, but twice was enough. I hope Johnson isn’t plotting with Trump, but be that as it may, it’s better with Johnson than it was with McCarthy.

Am I the only one who thinks both sides working together is best for everyone? Because it sure feels that way. Her main reason was "because he worked with Democrats", and to their credit many Republicans were quick to rebuke her.

There is nothing wrong with agreeing where we can.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
This speaks volumes about the current state of the Republican party.

wvgyuyeqwdzc1.jpeg

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
This speaks volumes about the current state of the Republican party.

wvgyuyeqwdzc1.jpeg

Agreed with him and won't vote for him because he's an Indian. That is racism, stupidity for agreeing with anything Vivek has to say, and stupidity for not voting for someone she professes to agree with based on his race.

Luckily, I can't think of a better target for Coulter's vitriol than Vivek. This was on Vivek's podcast, which I knew nothing of until reading this article. The podcast is called "The N Word: Nationalism"

These two differently-shaded pieces of crap deserve each other.

“I disagree with her but respect she had the guts to speak her mind. It was a riveting hour.”

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Nepo baby Hunter Biden at it again.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
What a pos. :(

So is what she said worse that what Gov Hochul said about Black kids in the Bronx?

Nepo baby Hunter Biden at it again.

And he has declined.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
trump lobbying big oil CEOs at Mar-a-Lago last month:

Washington Post: "Trump’s response stunned several of the executives in the room overlooking the ocean: You all are wealthy enough, he said, that you should raise $1 billion to return me to the White House. At the dinner, he vowed to immediately reverse dozens of President Biden’s environmental rules and policies and stop new ones from being enacted, according to people with knowledge of the meeting, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe a private conversation."

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
One thing I’m getting tired of seeing are folks like Mike Lawler out there prancing around as if he’s some moderate republican when he will tow the cult line when need be. At least with MTG and Gosar they fit nicely into the trash bin of congress - with folks like Lawler, they try to put their MAGA hat on and off when convenient.

Despite my clear progressive beliefs, I will vote for republicans who have good policy and don’t carry the social or religious clubs around. In some cases, conservative fiscal policies or belt tightening to counter the other side is needed. Sadly, I will not be voting for a single R in local races when Trump is the party nominee or party leader, unless they have the guts to come out and say they will be voting for someone they disagree with because Biden is the better choice. Or at least openly admits they will not be voting for Trump. If they compare Biden to Trump, that will also lose my vote. You can say you don’t support either, that’s fine, but I will vote for no Trump supporter, or anyone who tries to equate Biden and Trump as equally bad. Like comparing Roosevelt to Hitler.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
I just read Haley was under consideration for VP, but Trump nixed the idea. She’s done remarkably well in recent primaries despite not being in the running.

I wonder if Republicans who aren’t all in for Trump would vote for a Trump-Haley ticket thinking she’ll be President when he dies sooner rather than later.

If he wins, Biden is more likely to pass in office than any other President in recent memory, other than Trump. (I think Biden is healthier than Trump, whose cognitive decline is obvious, despite Republicans’ refusal to acknowledge it.)

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I just read Haley was under consideration for VP, but Trump nixed the idea. She’s done remarkably well in recent primaries despite not being in the running.

I wonder if Republicans who aren’t all in for Trump would vote for a Trump-Haley ticket thinking she’ll be President when he dies sooner rather than later.

If he wins, Biden is more likely to pass in office than any other President in recent memory, other than Trump. (I think Biden is healthier than Trump, whose cognitive decline is obvious, despite Republicans’ refusal to acknowledge it.)

That would be a monumental flip-flop for Haley. I’d think she’d have a much stronger future playing the long game and simply saying she’s not endorsing Trump. She can still vote for him, but to publicly endorse him - let alone be his running mate - would shred whatever last bit of credibility with people outside the MAGA or MAGA-sympathetic bubble.

She was becoming stronger as her campaign ended, and was a better speaker and campaigner. However, she tries to portray herself as John McCain, yet when her hand went up during a debate when asked if she’d vote for Trump even if he were a convicted felon, she reminded me a lot more of Lindsey Graham.

Her strength is as an anti-Trump conservative, not a team member of cult leadership.

I want to like her, despite her working for Trump, her aforementioned hand-raise and inability to be direct on questions about slavery or the civil war. She’s probably a genuinely good person and seems sane and rational (except for when appeasing the cult), but republicans are in dire need of leadership, not bootlickers. She could be that leader, but she may have to suffer short term losses. If she’s endorsing Trump, she may as well be Trump 2.0 as far I’m concerned.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
trump lobbying big oil CEOs at Mar-a-Lago last month:

Washington Post: "Trump’s response stunned several of the executives in the room overlooking the ocean: You all are wealthy enough, he said, that you should raise $1 billion to return me to the White House. At the dinner, he vowed to immediately reverse dozens of President Biden’s environmental rules and policies and stop new ones from being enacted, according to people with knowledge of the meeting, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe a private conversation."
If trump thought sucking on Putins dick on camera would get him elected he would be on his knees so fast he would fracture them.

Last edited:

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I mean, it’s not like he’s going to be arrested for bribery. It can’t be a crime unless it’s done in secret on wiretap, right?

This was the guy republicans elected and have nominated for a third time to end the so-called “deep state”. Amazing, he’s corrupt himself and also claims the government - from the White House to congress, to the DOJ to federal court system, the states of Georgia, New York and all of our electoral system is corrupt. Guess he didn’t get the job done and may have in fact made it worse. Just like immigration.

I guess they never had a problem with corruption, they just wanted a front row seat. Well, they’ve gotten it. What a joke, his supporters are on a whole different planet for not only accepting this garbage, but encouraging it. No wonder Trump pulls these stunts - he’s got a brainwashed core of Americans who cheer him on throughout, imagine robbing a bank and the tellers and cops thank you for being an outsider. You’d probably be heading back to that bank often.

Let’s put our focus where it should matter though - on what Hunter Biden is doing in the private sector.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
That would be a monumental flip-flop for Haley. I’d think she’d have a much stronger future playing the long game and simply saying she’s not endorsing Trump. She can still vote for him, but to publicly endorse him - let alone be his running mate - would shred whatever last bit of credibility with people outside the MAGA or MAGA-sympathetic bubble.

She was becoming stronger as her campaign ended, and was a better speaker and campaigner. However, she tries to portray herself as John McCain, yet when her hand went up during a debate when asked if she’d vote for Trump even if he were a convicted felon, she reminded me a lot more of Lindsey Graham.

Her strength is as an anti-Trump conservative, not a team member of cult leadership.

I want to like her, despite her working for Trump, her aforementioned hand-raise and inability to be direct on questions about slavery or the civil war. She’s probably a genuinely good person and seems sane and rational (except for when appeasing the cult), but republicans are in dire need of leadership, not bootlickers. She could be that leader, but she may have to suffer short term losses. If she’s endorsing Trump, she may as well be Trump 2.0 as far I’m concerned.
I don't believe Haley will do it either, but it highlights the likelihood that VP candidates will play a larger than usual role in this election. Despite the oft-quoted "a heartbeat away from the presidency" phrase, I don't think many voters took it too seriously historically. Not so much with the 2020 and 2024 elections, where there's a good possibility either party's VP will become President by 2028.

I can see Trump choosing Doug Burgum as his running mate now that Kristi "I'm a proud dog killer" Noem is out of the picture. But regardless who he picks, Democrats will have to tag the VP nominee as inextricably tied to Trump and his policies, no matter how much they appear to be traditional conservatives.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Doug Burgum is worse than Mike Pence.

Trump just had a massive rally in NJ. Some of his rallies have seen pretty weak turnout, so that’s a definite boost for him. I think it will be overblown a tad because it was on the Jersey Shore, so not the same as driving downtown to a rally in an arena. But still, that’s a quite a few people who turned out to be lied to incessantly!

That said, he had enthusiasm in 2016 and 2020 and still couldn’t get the job done with the popular vote. At worst, we’re going to have to hear about this rally as “IRREFUTABLE PROOF” Trump can’t lose. I will not go to a single Biden rally, even if I could walk to it. I’m still voting for him. That seems lost on the MAGA cult.

Top Bottom
1 2